When it comes to cleaning up scan data, always start with the best geometry. This means generate a low poly quad mesh.
Basic workflow (Wrap3 and Zbrush)
- Export Base Mesh as OBJ
- Export Scan as OBJ
- Load base mesh and scan into Wrap3
- Selection alignment points
- Wrap mesh
- Export wrapped mesh
- Load wrap mesh into Zbrush
- Subdivide wrapped mesh
- If necessary, project details from scan to subdivided wrapped mesh following this tutorial Projecting High-Res Models in Blender 2.8 using Shrinkwrap
- Clean scan
- R3DS Wrap, quick and easy way to re-mesh the scan with a pre existing UV mapped base mesh.
- instaLOD optimisation of 3D content.
- Instant mesh automatic retopology software.
- Quadremesher is an automatic quad remeshing (or auto retopology) technology availbale for Maya, Blender, Cinema4D and others.